tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Winslow <>
Subject Help with wmv MIME definitions in Tomcat 5.0
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 19:53:07 GMT
I am unable to get Tomcat 5.0 to properly serve up Windows Media (wmv)
Despite adding the following to my web.xml file,

whenever I attempt to open wmv, I get pages and pages of:

0&²uŽfϦ٪bÎlv ¡Ü«ŒG(c)ÏŽäÀ Seh³nØ[öÈL¹Ý@~ùëÀöCeðX`ؾ+ÄñÀä3`ŽÇ¸
¤¤¢ µ¿_.(c)ÏŽãÀ SeaÒÓ«º(c)ÏŽæÀ Se3(c)FC|àïüK²)9>ÞA\…'
IsVBR4DeviceConformanceTemplateL2 IsVBR4

Needless to say, this is not the desired result.  I'm fairly confident that
this is some kind of MIME misconfiguration, but am at a loss to find
anything to rectify the solution.

Can anyone shed some light on this?