tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <remy.mauche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tomcat sends certain files with missing chunks
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 14:12:14 GMT
On 1/3/06, Hasan, Nadeem <nadeem.hasan@csfb.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just upgraded our Tomcat installation on our dev box to 5.5.12 and I am seeing very
strange results. Certain files are sent by Tomcat with a large hole in the middle. In the
response header, it does report the size (Content-Length) correctly, but when transferring
the file itself, it skips a portion somewhere in the middle. I am seeing this behaviour consistently
with at least 2 files. I have a packet dump of the whole transaction that I can provide if
needed.

There's a dumb bug in Tomcat 5.5.12 regarding the ranges that are
passed to the sendfile call, so it may fail. Either upgrade to a newer
Tomcat or disable sendfile (you didn't read the APR documentation,
apparently).

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat