tomcat-users mailing list archives

From SOA Work <soaw...@web.de>
Subject writing files with a web application
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 12:16:08 GMT

Hi,

I'm working on a web application using tomcal 5.x as servlet engine.
Now i have to use another java tool for generating some html files.
I would like to call the main method in my java code.

My question is now:

1.) am I allowed to call main methods or programms in my web applicatio?

2.) am I allowed to write files on the disk from within an web application? If I am, something
went wrong while trieing ;-)
Can i write anywhere or have I to write to my application dir or to temp dir or something.

thx
Dominik