tomcat-users mailing list archives

From SOA Work <>
Subject creating html files within an web application? write access?
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 09:32:23 GMT

Hi there,

I'm a developer new to web programming. I'm using tomcat 5.x to deploy my applications.

Now I have an web application using an other application to generate some html files and necessary
I would like to use my web application to automatically create the files, so a user knowing
the url can view the generated html files.

1) Is it possible to execute a java programm within an web application (calling the main method)

2) Am I allowed to write files in my web application?

3) Can I configure tomcat to allow this?

Would be nice if someone can help me out here.

p.s.: I think i can write at least to the temp directory, am I right? If no writing in the
web app directory is allowed I could at last generate the files in temp directory and write
them to my database?
Jetzt gratis testen!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: