tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <khan.sa...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: GET request instead of POST
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 06:01:49 GMT

Any help on this ? , resending since I did not any replies

Hi All,

We are using Apache as the web server and tomcat as the servlet
container using mod_jk.From the applets we are making HttpURLConnection
to a servlet using POST method ( we set using setRequestMethod("POST")
of HttpURLConnection).
In the servlet,we have implemented the doPost method and in doGet method
we throw error since we dont want applet to make GET request

This works fine,however sometimes after the session timeout happens (on
Apache) and when we try to relogin again , a GET request is fired and
error is thrown( I could see the GET request in apache access logs) but
we are not making any GET request at all

This happens only when the session times out, otherwise it work fine.
Can anybody throw some light on what could be happening here

Thanks in Advance
Sajid

and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If
you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and

transmitted by this email.

www.wipro.com

of this message and any attachments.

www.wipro.com