tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Len Popp <len.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: (newb) Tomcat servlet mapping problem
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 16:55:52 GMT
On 1/23/06, Darren Hall <dhall@utrs.com> wrote:
> > > From: Darren Hall [mailto:dhall@utrs.com]
> > > Subject: RE: (newb) Tomcat servlet mapping problem
> > >
> > > Is there a way I can map these servlets (in the web.xml file) so
> > > that Tomcat can see them and execute them?
> >
> > Not that I'm aware of, since the application code is in violation of the
> > spec.  Others with more experience may know some tricks.
> >
> > - Chuck
>
> Well, that really stinks. That means I have either a big code change ahead
> of me, or we need to continue using the invoker servlet for now.
>
> Thanks for your help, Chuck.
>
> If anyone knows a way that I can map a servlet that is not in a package
> through the web.xml, please let me know.
>
> Thanks
>
> Darren

As far as I can see, it just works. Whether it's correct or not, it
does seem work in Tomcat 5.5.12 and I know it worked in 5.0.28 too. So
this is probably not the cause of your problem. Try putting one
servlet in a package to see if that makes a difference, before you try
to change them all.

Here's a servlet declaration that I just tested:
<servlet>
  <servlet-name>Test</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>Test</servlet-class>
</servlet>