tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adrian Nadeau <anad...@evolvingsolutions.ca>
Subject Tomcat and mod_jk question on Red Hat 9
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 14:56:00 GMT
Hello,

We recently setup mod_jk on a server running Red Hat 9.  We are having
some odd problems with the new setup.  For some reason, everything works
fine for the first 2 clicks when testing the process (running the
examples webapp thru Apache 2.0.40).  However, when we click something
(anything, doesn't have to be the same steps) for the third time, it
seems as though mod_jk cannot connect through AJP13 (Tomcat version is
4.1.29) .  It trys to load for a long time and then nothing loads.  If
we wait for a bit and then do the same test again, the same thing happens.

I can post more information and config settings, but I wanted to see if
this is a common problem or not?  We've had no problems running mod_jk
in a Windows environment or Solaris in the past.  If we need to post
more information that is not a problem, we can do that.  We talked to
our hosting provider and they seem to think it's that we are running out
of TCP Sockets?  Any information would be great as we are trying to get
a number of applications running on the server ASAP (of course).  Thanks!

Regards,

Adrian Nadeau
VP, Development
Evolving Solutions...Technology for changing
anadeau@evolvingsolutions.ca
www.evolvingsolutions.ca
506.633.2012