tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mladen.t...@jboss.com>
Subject Re: WG: mod_proxy_balancer: how to define failover (only)/hot standby behavior?
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2006 08:29:48 GMT
andreas.wieczorek@gzs.de wrote:
>> Mladen Turk wrote:
>> No. It works with any protocol.
>>
>>  <Proxy balancer://mycluster>
>>   BalancerMember ajp://hotstandby status=disabled
>>   BalancerMember ajp://node1 redirect=hotstandby
>>   BalancerMember ajp://node2 redirect=hotstandby
>>   BalancerMember ajp://nodeN redirect=hotstandby
>> </Proxy>
>>

>> The only problem is that it's not documented ;)
> That was exactly what I hoped! :)
>
> But: Whatever I try with status=disabled in the BalancerMember line (->
> using "", '' , DISABLED, 0,..), it says:
> *Starting httpd2 (prefork) Syntax error ..
> *BalancerMember Unknow status parameter option

Right, sorry :)
status=d or status=D
(a single letter).
there is additional stopped option (s), so you can
concat those, (eg. status=SD means stopped and disabled).

If you edit httpd.conf and restart apache then you add
+ or - prefixes.
For example if status was disabled you can edit httpd.conf,
and set 'status=-D'. On graceful restart it will remove
disabled flag.

Mladen.