tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject [OT-ANN] Java Web Parts v1.0 beta3
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 05:19:10 GMT
Hi all... I haven't been posting JWP release announcements here lately,
and generally I will refrain from doing so, but the team just put out a
new release last night and I think it has some features that might be of
interest to many of you...

* AjaxTags now has some new capabilities, including the ability to have
multiple config files, the ability to have static parameters on the
target URLs, a built-in debugging facility and an implicit passing in of
the ajaxRef with each request, so now you can always determine which
element fired the event.

* The Chain implementation now supports loading config files from JAR
files, and there is now a SimpleCommand that you can extend (instead of
implementing Command) that has default implementations of all three
Command methods (init(), execute() and destroy()), so you can only worry
about the ones that interest you.

* A new popup calendar widget has been added to the UIWidgets taglib.

* JSDigester was added to the JSTags taglib.  JSDigester, as you may be
able to guess, is a client-side implementation of our beloved Commons
Digester.  It is not as full-featured as it's big brother, but it can
come in *very* handy, just like the full-fledged Digester.

Take care!

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect