tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Georg Sauer-Limbach <g...@gslweb.de>
Subject Re: (newb) Tomcat servlet mapping problem
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 21:37:53 GMT
Darren,

if I look at your original configuration

>     <servlet-mapping>
>         <servlet-name>SimpleServlet</servlet-name>
>         <url-pattern>/simple-servlet</url-pattern>
>     </servlet-mapping>
---snip---
> <Context path="/simple-servlet" docBase="SimpleServlet" reloadable="true"
> debug="99">

then, if I am not overlooking something,
the correct URL to invoke the servlet is

http://localhost/simple-servlet/simple-servlet

because the first "simple-servlet" is the
Context path where the webapp resides, and
the second "simple-servlet" is the URL for
the servlet inside the webapp, like correctly
configured in the webapp descriptor.

Georg