tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <grm7...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: blank admin
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:59:53 GMT
kalin mintchev escribió:
>   hi all...
>
>   i realize this is probably a retarded question but it is a retarded
> problem too...
>
>   new installation of tomcat 5.0.30 with jdk 1.4.2. when i go to
> http://myserver:8080
> and login as manager - no problems there.

But doesn't http://myserver:8080 just take you to the "Congratulations!
  You've successfully installed Tomcat!" home page?  (There's nothing to
log into there.)  It would probably be best to state the exact URLs you
are using in the "good" and "bad" cases here.

but if i go to the admin
> directory i get a blank page. the admin directory under server/webapps has
> exactly the same permissions as manager and here is my tomcat-users.xml:
>
> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
> <tomcat-users>
>   <role rolename="manager"/>
>   <role rolename="admin"/>
>   <user username="manager" password="very-secret" roles="manager"/>
>   <user username="admin" password="bigger-secret" roles="admin,manager"/>
> </tomcat-users>
>
> this is probably normal but i would like to mention that even if i change
> the order if the elements in the tomcat-users and put admin first after
> restarting the server they get switched back in this order...

I sense tomcat-users.xml may not be your problem--it seems something
URL-related to me.

Glen