tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steven Peterson <speter...@listpilot.com>
Subject How do I log to file jasper compile error messages?
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 01:30:34 GMT
I am migrating from version 4.1 to 5.5 and am wrestling with the
logging.  How do I get compile errors from jasper to go to a log file
instead of the console?  I have set swallowOutput to true in the context
config, and added the below entries to the
{catalina_home}/conf/logging.properties file.  But when I call a jsp
page with a compile error, I see the error on the console but not in any
of the log files.  Any pointers as to what I am missing?

#add the 6mpower... entry to the handlers
handlers = 1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler,
2localhost.org.apache.juli.FileHandler,
3manager.org.apache.juli.FileHandler,
4admin.org.apache.juli.FileHandler,
5host-manager.org.apache.juli.FileHandler,
6mpower.org.apache.juli.FileHandler, java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler

6mpower.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.level = FINE
6mpower.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.directory = ${catalina.base}/logs
6mpower.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.prefix = mpower.

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/mpower].level
= INFO
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/mpower].handlers
= 6mpower.org.apache.juli.FileHandler

- Steve Peterson