tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bahadir Yagan <>
Subject deploying war to ROOT
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 19:24:40 GMT

I will deploy my application to Tomcat 5.5, which will be the only
application on that server. I want it to be deployet to root of the
application server. Tomcat displays "webapps/ROOT" by default. My
application works if I extract it to ROOT folder. Is it possible to
deploy a WAR file that will be deployed to root of tomcat server.
(accessed as http://localhost/)

One other question. I have two domain names (,
DNS records are fine and I can access my application using both names(No
problem here). Should I also configure tomcat about these names? And
(may be related to the above question) what should I do, If I need to
add another domain name that will redirect to another application.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message