tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Richard Toren <rich...@supportx.com>
Subject Specifying java.library.path using Tomcat 5.5 as a Windows Service
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 16:14:58 GMT
I want to move my webserver over to a Windows' service (it works great
with linux, but.... the client is always insistent).  The problem is
that I use Berkeley DB XML which is used via JNI.  When I start tomcat
using startTomcat.bat I need to add a line

    set JAVA_OPTS=-Djava.library.path=path

and then all works well.  The question is how to do this when using
Tomcat installed with the Windows installer?
I can add a line for -Djava.library.path=xxxx;yyyy;zzzz; and it searches
the path, but fails to initialize properly (log below).
Since I can get the same installation to work by adding the .bat files
it must be something is different in the way libraries
are searched.  It may have something to do with the System.loadLibrary()
call I don't make, but I'm not sure how to proceed
with it and I feel that I shouldn't have to make changes to my war files
just to make my project compatible with Windows.

Thanks in advance,

Richard Toren