tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bob Hartung <rwh...@mchsi.com>
Subject Tomcat5 on FC4 problems
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 20:09:31 GMT
Hi all and Happy New Year
   I have FC4 updated on a test server and I am new to java, Tomcat,
etc.  I was trying to install a MIRC Servr (freeware teaching and
research case file manager from the Radiological Society of North
America) that called for java-1.4.2 and tomcat4.
   So like a newbie I tried to remove tomcat5.  I did get Tomcat4
running but suspect portions of Tomcat5 were lingering.  Eventually,
after about 10 days of frustration, I gave up and am trying to get my
FC4 system back to base line with Tomcat5.

   Using yum i tried to re-install and update all packages.  I get the
following error on trying to start Tomcat5 (note (...) is where I
snipped some.  Also this is not the entire output of catalina.out but is
a representative sample of 5 similar areas.  Can someone help me figure
out what is missing or where/how to begin finding the missing files?

I can confirm that libgcj.so.6.0.0 is installed.

Thanks

Bob

catalina.out - truncated.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: while
resolving class: org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap
  (...)
javax.management.MBeanServer not found in
gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader{urls=[file:/usr/lib/jvm/java/lib/tools.jar,file:/usr/share/tomcat5/bin/bootstrap.jar,file:./],

parent=gnu.gcj.runtime.ExtensionClassLoader{urls=[], parent=null}}
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(java.lang.String)
(/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(java.lang.String, boolean)
(/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(java.lang.String)
(/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
    ...4 more