tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: tomcat doesn't load file on another pc
Date Sun, 01 Jan 2006 12:31:59 GMT
Anne Milbert wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> I run tomcat as the localhost on my computer. If I try
> to connect (with the IE for example) tomcat from another
> pc on the network it works fine.
> I can connect to my application from another pc and
> everything except of one thing works.
> One main part of my webapplication are several XForms which
> are located in a folder of my webapplication. Every time I
> try to open/load one of the XForms I see a blank page
> instead of it. It seems that tomcat doesn't get the GET-Parametres
> via the URL which the application needs to "decide" whether it
> should load a XForms or the default page.

It sounds like an application problem. I suggest using the
RequestDumperValve (see to check
what is being passed to Tomcat by the clients. You should be able to
compare the logs for a local IE client and a remote IE client.

Another tool that might be useful is ieHttpHeaders which lets you see
what headers Tomcat is sending to the client.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message