tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wolfgang Egger <be...@wolfgang-egger.de>
Subject Re: is there any log file viewer for tomcat log files with live feed ability
Date Sun, 01 Jan 2006 11:30:37 GMT
Servus Legolas,

Legolas Woodland schrieb:

my experiences with tomcat are some years old and I'm "new" to tomcat
again since some weeks, but perhaps my hint may help you fooking further ...

> is there any tool that could automatically fetch the changes from log
> file and show them instantly ?
> for example if i ask it to monitor application server log file it
> shows me a live feed of the log file.

As far as I know, Tomcat can use log4j for its logging. You may be able
to configure log4j for remote-monitoring, so you can use a
stand-alone-log4j-client to view the logs as a live feed.

Hope that helps a little

   Wolfgang