tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Purcell" <spurc...@vertisinc.com>
Subject How does Tomcat log by default?
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 14:58:45 GMT
I am playing around with a Hibernate project, and created a war file. I have a clean 5.5 Tomcat
running on XP. The project I created is not using log4j. It has a bunch of System.out.println
statements, and the tutorial says to look at the Tomcat log to see how this hibernate project
connects, etc.

By default my new Tomcat has a logs directory, but inside it there are stderr, stdout, tomcat.log
and jakarta_service logs. I would assume that the system out should go to stdout.log, but
there are no logs there.

How is a new Tomcat configured, where would default System.out.printlns go?