tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Monica Wu" <Monica...@XenoPort.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat upgrade: 3.3.1 --> 5.0.28, hang up after running 1 or 2 days
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 17:42:35 GMT
Thank you for your input, Aparna!

Based on Chunk and Aparna's suggestion, I changed PermGen/Heap parameters to be 128M/256M.
It worked well on the following day too. However, Friday's traffic is usually light. I am
not sure these new parameter values would fix this problem.

Instead of keeping testing this production web server with every end user, I rolled this web
server back to V.3.3.1, which had run smoothly for about 4 years.

About updating to Tomcat 5.5. Since the cause is not unclear, and some Tomcat 5.5 hangups
were reported as well, I don't think simply upgrading to 5.5 would fix my problem.

Thank you all for your help and attention!

- Monica