tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <rajesh.gannar...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: problem with tomcat 5.5.9
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 07:43:04 GMT

Hi,

Small update on the problem mentioned....

We did not found any memory leak, but memory footprint is increasing.

We observed that tomcat's memory footprint (not the heap size) keeps
increasing if we run it for a long time under constant load. Initially
it was 305 MB, but after running it for 12 hours continuously, it
increased to 1153 MB. We are running the server on Red Hat Linux AS
3.0.

Thanks in advance,
Rajesh Gannarapu

-----Original Message-----
From: rajesh.gannarapu@wipro.com [mailto:rajesh.gannarapu@wipro.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 9:15 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: RE: problem with tomcat 5.5.9

Hi,

Yeah, profiler indicates the Tomcat Objects as memory leak.

> We observed that tomcat's memory footprint (not the heap size) keeps
> increasing if we run it for a long time under constant load. Initially
> it was 305 MB, but after running it for 12 hours continuously, it
> increased to 1153 MB. We are running the server on Red Hat Linux AS
3.0.

> We are using Tomcat version: 5.5.9 and we checked that the application
> is not the cause for memory leak (checked with Jprobe Profiler).

Did the profiler indicate any memory leak? If so where was it?

Mark

and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If
you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and

transmitted by this email.

www.wipro.com

of this message and any attachments.

www.wipro.com