tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "George Sexton" <gsex...@mhsoftware.com>
Subject RE: Tuning Tomcat , i need some advice
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 23:52:51 GMT
I'm not familiar with Derby, so I'm not going to be able to offer any
advice.

The biggest killer will just be the number of db interactions. If you can
create a view, or a stored procedure so that you're only doing one db
interaction per page, then you'll see a huge difference.

For example, if you have some complex code that queries different tables,
and does a lot of processing to determine results, then a stored procedure
will save a lot of time and effort.

Other than that, my advice would be to benchmark the different queries (
using something like Jmeter) and fix what seems the slowest.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/