tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Aparna Ramakrishnan <>
Subject RE: help to solve 'OutOfMemoryError'
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:31:18 GMT
  Thanks for the link.
  When i start my program, the Runtime Maximum Heap Size is 66650112 bytes ~=64MB. I believe
I should increase this value to atleast 256 MB. But how do I go about doing this? I understand
that I need to add an option -Xmx128m -Xmx256m, but to what and how!
  Kindly guide me through.. since I am completely new to this ground.
  Thanks in advance
"Caldarale, Charles R" <> wrote:
  > From: Aparna Ramakrishnan []
> Subject: help to solve 'OutOfMemoryError'
> What changes do I need to make to avoid this
> OutOfMemoryError?

The question is too generic for anyone to provide a concrete answer.
Start here:

Do some reading on how JVM heap management works - Sun's Java web site
has some pretty decent tutorials and tech papers.

- Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: