tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Aparna Ramakrishnan <aparna_...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: help to solve 'OutOfMemoryError'
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:31:18 GMT
Hi,

  Thanks for the link.
  When i start my program, the Runtime Maximum Heap Size is 66650112 bytes ~=64MB. I believe
I should increase this value to atleast 256 MB. But how do I go about doing this? I understand
that I need to add an option -Xmx128m -Xmx256m, but to what and how!
  Kindly guide me through.. since I am completely new to this ground.

  Thanks in advance
  Aparna

"Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:
  > From: Aparna Ramakrishnan [mailto:aparna_grk@yahoo.com]
> Subject: help to solve 'OutOfMemoryError'
>
> What changes do I need to make to avoid this
> OutOfMemoryError?

The question is too generic for anyone to provide a concrete answer.
Start here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/faq/memory.html

Do some reading on how JVM heap management works - Sun's Java web site
has some pretty decent tutorials and tech papers.

- Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.