tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Aparna Ramakrishnan <aparna_...@yahoo.com>
Subject help to solve 'OutOfMemoryError'
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:01:09 GMT
  hello
I am running a java program which makes a HttpURLConnection randomly, using Tomcat 5. I use
Asterisk-JAVA API. After the program runs for an hour, it returns a java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
and the HttpURLConnection is not established, but again it returns to normal and the UrlConnection
works. This occurs on a random basis.

I use Netbeans IDE in Debian Linux. The netbeans.conf contains:

-J -Xms32m -J -Xmx256m -J-XX:PermSize=32m -J-XX:MaxPermSize=96m -J-Xverify:none

What changes do I need to make to avoid this OutOfMemoryError? How can i try to change the
configuration of the servlet container's JVM? I am completely new to both tomcat and java..
and would be very grateful to get some ideas.

Many thanks in advance
Aparna