tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Aimee Ukasick <bmke...@yahoo.com>
Subject PoolableConnectionFactory/NetworkAdapter/OutOfMemoryError Tomcat5.0.28
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2006 16:02:32 GMT
Windows 2003 Server with jdk 1.4.2_09, Tomcat 5.0.28 and a single web
application installed

remote Oracle 9 instance

We have been encountering the following error with increasing frequency
on our production server when trying to connect to a remote Oracle
instance:

[org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
PoolableConnectionFactory (Io exception: The Network Adapter could not
establish the connection)]

Tomcat then completely locks up and we have to restart the Tomcat
service. The Tomcat logs show an OutOfMemoryError is thrown around the
same time as Tomcat is trying to establish the Oracle connection. This
morning the Windows Task Manager showed Tomcat5 memory usage at over
100,000 K, and we couldn't access our web application nor the Tomcat
Manager until we had restarted the service.

Can anyone suggest causes for the problem and how to resolve the issue?

Thanks.

Aimee