tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Blair Cooper" <bla...@teamon.com>
Subject Do idle servlets get unloaded/reloaded?
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 19:41:12 GMT
I have a servlet running on Tomcat 5.5. If it sits idle for a while and then
I hit it, the init() method gets called again. "autoDeploy" is set to false.
Is this expected behavior?

If this is expected, shouldn't destroy() get called at some point prior to
the init()?

The problem I'm having is that the init() method ends up try to recreate
objects that where created by a previous call to init(). My destroy() method
would have cleaned up the earlier instances if it had been called. I have
logging in the destroy() method so I know that it didn't get called.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Blair