tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andri Herumurti <vynx_1...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [OT] ParallelGCThreads more than cpu count
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 01:48:59 GMT
is there any weakness if i setting like that?

"Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote: > From: Andri Herumurti
[mailto:vynx_1999@yahoo.com]
> Subject: ParallelGCThreads more than cpu count
>
> it is possible to setting XX:ParallelGCThreads over than CPU count?

Yes, you get the number of GC threads you asked for.  They contend for
the CPUs, just as all the other threads in your system do.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.