tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject Serving secured static content
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 13:23:01 GMT
Dear group,
  I have been looking at how to best serve static content from my web-site. Most of the content
is static.
  I was looking at using Apache as a front to Tomcat and have that all up  and running. The
problem is securing the content. I have written an  Apache plug-in using mod_perl but I'm
no expert and am concerned about  how this might perform, for example, db connection pooling.

  What is the the most recent recommendation on serving static content now? I can see a few
  - use Tomcat
  - use Apache and write a plug-in
  - use Pippo or seomthing like that
  Thanks alot.