tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bjørge Solli <>
Subject Re: deploying war to ROOT
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 09:04:11 GMT
On Tuesday 03 January 2006 20:24, Bahadir Yagan wrote:
> I will deploy my application to Tomcat 5.5, which will be the only
> application on that server. I want it to be deployet to root of the
> application server. Tomcat displays "webapps/ROOT" by default. My
> application works if I extract it to ROOT folder. Is it possible to
> deploy a WAR file that will be deployed to root of tomcat server.
> (accessed as http://localhost/)

If using linux or unix, you could try making ROOT a symlink.

Bjørge Solli - Office:+47 55205847 cellph.:+47 91614343
Nansen Environmental and Remote Sensing Center - Bergen, Norway Reception: +47 55205800
Dept.: Mohn-Sverdrup Center for Global Ocean Studies
       and Operational Oceanography

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message