tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Russell <jorus...@cisco.com>
Subject How to get Windows service to recognize updated JVM
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 18:56:11 GMT
When tomcat is installed as a Windows service, the following registry
value

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Procrun 2.0
\Tomcat5\Parameters\Java\Jvm

points to the jvm.dll for the installed JRE

e.g.

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\client\jvm.dll

However, if I updated my JRE this will now point to the wrong version.
I tried to make this registry key a REG_EXPAND_SZ value so I could embed
an environment variable in it, but the tomcat service is unable to read
it.

Does anyone know of a way to keep this key up to date after a JRE
upgrade?  Thanks

John