tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Powell, Richard" <richard.pow...@siemens.com>
Subject Why do I need to run IIS6 in IIS5 Isolation Mode
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:41:48 GMT
All,

I'm a bit confused on why I need to set my IIS6 installation into IIS5
Isolation mode.

I have installed the isapi_redirect.dll file as a Filter and Extension in
standard IIS6 mode and it all works fine.

The version of the dll is 1.2.15 on a Windows 2003 server, connecting to the
Embedded Tomcat (5.0) under JBOSS 3.0.27 on a Solaris 8 Sun Server.

My concern is that while it may appear to be working, something nasty is
going to happen once its in a live environment and being hit a lot harder.

Thanks

Richard