tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "GB Developer" <gb107...@globallyboundless.com>
Subject RE: Connection Pool Woes
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 19:14:06 GMT
That it's registered with JNDI does not help.  But perhaps what is really
meant is "configure your pool through Tomcat's built-in support for DBCP
(which uses JNDI)".  Then you'd get whatever management of the pool that
Tomcat brings (for example, when the webapp is shutdown, it will .close()
the pool itself, which perhaps you'd forget to do, if you manage your own
pooling).  But other than that, I can't think of what advantage it would
bring.