tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "White-Home.com" <m...@white-home.com>
Subject Tomcat 5.0 HTTP 404 with hello.class
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 02:57:07 GMT
As I understand it I can save Hello.class as /usr/share/tomcat5/webapps/hello/WEB-INF/classes/com/hello/Hello.class
and address is as http://localhost:8080/hello/Hello

This results in a HTTP 404 error message.

Background....

I am running Linux FC4 and Tomcat 5.0.30

I have a hello.jsp in the /usr/share/tomcat5/webapps/hello directory that works with http://localhost:8080/hello/hello.jsp.

I have a hello.xml in the /usr/share/tomcat5/conf/Catalina/localhost directory pointing to
the hello directory.

I restart tomcat with each update.

I have a web.xml file in the /usr/share/tomcat5/webapps/hello/WEB-INF directory with the following:

<!--
  Copyright 2004 The Apache Software Foundation

  Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
  you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
  You may obtain a copy of the License at

  limitations under the License.
-->

    xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd"
    version="2.4">

<!-- JSPC servlet mappings start -->

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>Hello</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>com.hello.Hello</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>Hello</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/hello</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

<!-- JSPC servlet mappings end -->

</web-app>

I have not been able to detect an error, this test is really simple.  I build the class without
errors and copy it into the directory.  The group is set to tomcat.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike
mike@white-home.com