tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Joacim Turesson" <joacim.tures...@profuture.se>
Subject Form based login with UTF8 and Tomcat
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 07:26:10 GMT
Hi!

First of all, I’m sorry for my empty mail.

Now to my question.

I have trouble with UTF-8 and form based login with Tomcat 5.5.12 together
with Apache 2.0.55 using mod_jk 1.2.15.

I have a struts based application that works fine with UTF-8, but the form
based login using jdbc realm don’t work with åäö.

I added URIEncoding="UTF-8" the connectors in server.xml, and the
application has a filter matching “/” (in web.xml) that encodes to UTF-8 as
described in
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-05-2004/jw-0524-i18n_p.html

Before when I used ISO-8859-1, form based login in Tomcat worked fine with
åäö.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

Joacim Turesson