tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2.2 and mod_proxy_ajp
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2005 00:43:57 GMT

You can search the dev@tomcat archives (where I vaguely remember this), but
I haven't seen any recent benchmark data on either the dev@tomcat or the
dev@httpd lists.

> I joined this list a few days ago after Googling like crazy for
> information on the most sensible and supported way to connect apache to
> tomcat (or whether to drop it and just use the http connector). In the
> end, I'm using mod_jk, because I couldn't find *anything* helpful on the
> web about configuring or using mod_proxy_ajp, apart from some
> theoretical examples that tended to be incompatibile with one another.

It's integrated into mod_proxy, so you use the same directives that you
would use for mod_proxy.  e.g.

# Forward all to myapp
ProxyPass /myapp ajp://localhost:8009/myapp

# Alt Forward all to myapp
<Location /myapp>
ProxyPass ajp://localhost:8009/myapp
</Location>

# Forward all JSP files
RewriteRule (.*)\.jsp$ ajp://localhost:8009/$1.jsp [P]