tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alla Winter" <>
Subject FW: Upgrading Tomcat
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 21:22:10 GMT
Thanks for finding this link.
Beside the explanation on various packages of TOMCAT, the message in there
also suggests that it is not worthy to use APACHE on a top of TOMCAT due to
TOMCAT now is handling static pages almost as good as APACHE.
But what about handling SSL - somewhere I read that APACHE handles
encryption much better than TOMCAT.  Is it still true?

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R []
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 3:05 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Upgrading Tomcat

> From: Rhino []
> Subject: Re: Upgrading Tomcat
> I'm having trouble finding the note you mentioned in the mailing list
> archives.

It's here:

> I'm trying to figure out the following:
> - does "Core" include the Administration webapp?

It did in 5.0, does not in 5.5.

> - does "Core" include the Deployer? If not, what does the Deployer do?

No.  See the referenced e-mail.

> - does "Core" include the Embedded bundle? If not, what does
> it do?

No.  See the referenced e-mail.

> - when do I want do download "Core" as a Windows Executable
> and when do I want to download it as a zip?

I never use the .exe since it's missing the .bat (and .sh) scripts,
which are useful for debugging.  See the referenced e-mail.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: