tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James McGill <jmcg...@email.arizona.edu>
Subject RE: ServletContextListener - how to detect http path of web application?
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 21:32:17 GMT

> Subject: Re: ServletContextListener - how to detect http path of web application?

We have a similar sounding problem.  We want a ContextListener to be
able to determine the http path and the port, in order to advertise
webapps via ZeroConf MDNS (Rendezvous, Bonjour, whatever they are
calling it this week.)

Currently we have to configure the path and port in web.xml.  Is there a
way to get the information out of an MBean or something?  JBoss-specific
would be okay.   Because of the way we configure it, it's entirely
possible for the URI and port to be wrong.  Since it's in a <listener>
declaration, and not in the servlet itself, we really haven't found any
solutions.