tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kenny, Robert" <rke...@firstam.com>
Subject Seamless Container Authentication
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 18:43:03 GMT
Our users don't currently logon to our Tomcat servers directly; they are
redirected to the Tomcat servers with their encrypted credentials (a
security token). Our Tomcat Database Realm then seamlessly
re-authenticates the user on the Tomcat server.

We currently don't use Tomcat's container management for this but would
like to but we need a way to logon to a Tomcat server instance
seamlessly using the security credentials provided on the URL. We
currently call servlets that then call the Database Realm directly.

Is there a way to configure Tomcat so that when a protected resource is
accessed it will attempt to authenticate the user to the container from
the remote/custom Security Credentials in the URL before prompting the
user for their Security Credentials ('j_security_check' logon page)?

Thanks,

Robert