tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "DeFreitas, Nigel" <NDeFrei...@iso.com>
Subject RE: Which version of Tomcat on SuSE?
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 23:07:36 GMT
I'm not tied to a specific version of JDK/Servlet spec.
It's just going to be a web module serving up a simple web-service
protected by basic auth.

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dhaval Patel [mailto:dhaval04@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 5:02 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Which version of Tomcat on SuSE?

Hi Nigel,

   The answer of this question depends upon many aspects like,
(1) What kind of web-application would you like to serve with Tomcat?
(2) Which J2SE\J2RE version are you using?
(3) Do you require any special things from Tomcat besides an application
server? I mean does your
application rely on certain code of Tomcat?

   Tomcat is independent from operating system. It can be configured to
achieve highest performace
differently in different environment.

   So if you can post little detail about your setup environment , may
be Tomcat experts can
answer the question easily on this forum.

   Hope it helps.

Regards,
Dhaval