tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sethuraman, Prabhu \(Cognizant\)" <Prabhu.Sethura...@cognizant.com>
Subject RE: Catalina.policy to add new file permissions
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2005 06:28:09 GMT

George,

Not sure how complicated your environment is, but why not you try something like this (if
feasible):

Make a RMI call (or any other J2EE mechanism) to a class sitting in Server B which will take
care of writing information to a file on Server B.

Let me know if I have assumed something wrong here so that I/else someone can help you out.

Thanks,
Prabhu S

-----Original Message-----
From: George Azzopardi [mailto:george.azzopardi@bov.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2005 5:18 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Catalina.policy to add new file permissions

Hi people,

I have a web application running on Tomcat on Server A. This application
needs to write new files on Server B. However I am getting Access is Denied
exception. Do I need to modify the catalina.policy file to grant new
filepermissions? If yes how can do it? Do you have a small example?

Thanks for your help

Regards,

George Azzopardi

all copies of the original message.