tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "BATCHELOR, SCOTT \(CONTRACTOR\)" <SCOTT.BATCHE...@DFAS.MIL>
Subject RE: Tomcat undeploys application(context)
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 14:40:45 GMT
 Darius,

I just ran across your message.  I have to assume that this is normal
behavior as I have asked this question at least twice before with no
response.

If you have found otherwise please let us all know.

-----Original Message-----
From: Darius [mailto:darius@lva.lt]
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 9:24 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat undeploys application(context)

Hello,

I have test environment with tomcat 5.0.30 on Debian testing. Test
application is configured as such:
<Context path="/test" docPath="/home/test" reloadable="true"></Context>

Evrything is working fine, except when trying to deploy new application.
Which is done by simply deleting old content and puting new jsp pages,
libs and compiled classes. After that, tomcat removes application
context (response is "The requested resource (/test) is not available").
Logs show only few errors about null pointers, missing classes, etc.
(which is ok, because of deleting and copying).
After restasrting tomcat, everything works fine.

How to prevent tomcat to remove application? Is this behavior normal?

DJ