tomcat-users mailing list archives

From William Claxton <willi...@knowledgeplatform.com>
Subject RE: DNS error, no reply from Tomcat and no clues in the log
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 01:22:53 GMT
Charles,

Compare an unused port and an active Tomcat, and there is a
difference.  Tomcat will clear the screen and wait for input.  An
unused port will appear to hang there and eventually time out.

For our production server, after Tomcat installation the Telnet
session appears like its communicating with an unused port (no listener).

Regards, Bill Claxton (williamc@knowledgeplatform.com)
MSN: william_claxton@passport.com
Skype: william_claxton@skype.com
Blog: http://learningweb.blogspot.com