tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <>
Subject Re: ServletContextListener - how to detect http path of web application?
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:00:09 GMT
Tim is right, you can't do it directly.  You *might* be able to construct
it in a roundabout way though...

Let's assumg you know the method, http vs. https, and its always one or
the other.  Let's also assume that the <display-name> element in web.xml
names the application context (i.e., if the URL is http://myserver/myapp,
then <display-name>myapp<display-name>.  I believe the following (without
actually trying it) would work...

String s = "http://";
s += new InetAddress.getHostName();
s += "/" + servletContext.getServletContextName();

Kind of hack solution, but it might be OK for your application (assuming
it actually works!)

Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect
Omnytex Technologies