tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bjørge Solli <>
Subject Re: restart servlet from cron
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:13:49 GMT wrote:
> Here's what's in one of my ant files to stop a web app.  Start and
> restart are probably similar.
> <taskdef name="tc-stop" classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.StopTask" />
> <target name="tomcat-stop">
>    <tc-stop
>        url=""
>        username="manager"
>        password="managerpw"
>        path="/${webapp}"
>    />
> </target>

Thankyou. I am new to ant and cannot understand this error I get when I
run your example (changed the variables though):

Buildfile: build.xml

/home/bjorges/test/build.xml:1: Unexpected element "taskdef" taskdef

Total time: 0 seconds

For me it seems to be expecting some starttag or something. I know this
must be somewhat basic, so my guess is I am missing some understanding
of the xml-file. I did try to add a '<?xml version="1.0"?>' at the top,
but it did not change the error.

All help appreciated!

Bjørge Solli - Private cellphone: +47 91614343
Nansen Environmental and Remote Sensing Center - Bergen Reception: +47 55205800
Dept.: Mohn-Sverdrup Center for Global Ocean Studies
        and Operational Oceanography

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message