tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Schalk <sch...@volume4.com>
Subject Re: Illegal Access
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 18:02:46 GMT

Ariel Pashtan wrote:
> I may have a similar problem where I cannot access the manager application
> although the user rights are set correctly. The logon prompt is not even
> shown - the "access denied" status is shown immediately.
>
> Not sure what the problem is...

Another aspect is that I am using ANT to do the stopping ans starting,
here are the tasks:
<target name="start" description="Start Tomcat application">
        <start url="${tomcat.manager.url}"
                 username="${tomcat.manager.username}"
                 password="${tomcat.manager.password}"
                 path="/${name}"/>
    </target>

    <target name="stop" description="Stop Tomcat application">
        <stop url="${tomcat.manager.url}"
                 username="${tomcat.manager.username}"
                 password="${tomcat.manager.password}"
                 path="/${name}"/>
    </target>

For username and password I have them set as previously mentioned in the
build.properties file.

--
Kind Regards
Schalk Neethling