tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mladen.t...@jboss.com>
Subject Re: apr port + tomcat
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 15:31:00 GMT
Aurélien DEHAY wrote:

> I've exactly the same stack. No process is using port 98, but as I'm not
>  a root user, I can't bind on this address.

This message (98) is APR OS error (EADDRINUSE).
Tomcat has been changed to display the real message (5.5.13+)
instead the OS errno.

> I don't wan't to start the server as Root, I will double check the docs
> to see if I've forgot something, but if someone has the answer...

The reason is probably because either real port (8080) is in use
or the previous Tomcat version was shut down improperly.
Wait a wile (cca 240 sec) until the OS recycles the zombie descriptor.

Regards,
Mladen.