tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Prasad <list.tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Invoking webservice from servlet
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 18:33:21 GMT
Lincoln Dalgado wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am invoking a SSL based web service from inside a servlet.
>
>The service is invoked successfully when I use startup.bat to start tomcat.
>
>However if I start tomcat as a service, I get a
>
>Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate
>found
>
>at sun.security.validator.SimpleValidator.buildTrustedChain(Unknown Source)
>
>And idea what might be causing this to happen?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Lincoln

I think by starting TC as a service you are running it with a null
session i.e. no particular user account in action but local system account.
If that is the case, then it might be an issue with finding proper
Keystore that otherwise would be located in the current users home
directory.

I am too new for my answers to be relied upon but just thought of
reflecting something I wonder could have happened. Please wait for
experts :)
-Prasad.