tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christian Rudh <christ...@rudh.se>
Subject Session cookie path problem
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 10:25:10 GMT
Hi

I have set up so all users on my server can use Tomcat from their home
directories. They access servlets through
"domain/~user/java/servlet/TestServlet" and it works fine.

But I tried setting a session value in a servlet and the session value
was never stored. So I checked the session cookie that Tomcat generates
and the path in it was set to "/%7Euser/" in the beginning.

So if I access the servlet by writing
"domain/%7Euser/java/servlet/TestServlet" in the browser the session
values works, but not if I use "~" in the browser.

I know that "%7E" is the URL-encoded "~", but the users shouldn't have
to enter that manually...

What is doing this and how can I fix it?

--
Christian Rudh
christian@rudh.se