tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rhino" <rhi...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: Upgrading Tomcat
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 04:45:57 GMT
Thanks very much for your help with my questions. I don't know how I missed
the note in the archive; I suppose I was distracted by too many balls in the
air today :-)

Rhino

----- Original Message -----
From: "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 4:04 PM
Subject: RE: Upgrading Tomcat

> From: Rhino [mailto:rhino1@sympatico.ca]
> Subject: Re: Upgrading Tomcat
>
> I'm having trouble finding the note you mentioned in the mailing list
> archives.

It's here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=113332618812952&w=2

> I'm trying to figure out the following:
> - does "Core" include the Administration webapp?

It did in 5.0, does not in 5.5.

> - does "Core" include the Deployer? If not, what does the Deployer do?

No.  See the referenced e-mail.

> - does "Core" include the Embedded bundle? If not, what does
> it do?

No.  See the referenced e-mail.

> - when do I want do download "Core" as a Windows Executable
> and when do I want to download it as a zip?

I never use the .exe since it's missing the .bat (and .sh) scripts,
which are useful for debugging.  See the referenced e-mail.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.