tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter.Zo...@materna.de
Subject Question configurung JBDCRealm (Tomcat 5.5.9)
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 11:03:48 GMT
Hi all!

I have got a question regarding setup of a JBDCRealm. I read the HOW-TO
on Tomcat homepage, and I am wondering about the database structure.
I have an existing application, and the database it uses has got a table
'users'
with the follwing columns: login, password, roleid,... where the roleid is a
foreign key to the table 'roles' which has columns 'id' and 'rolename'.
It is sufficient for me because every user can only have one role. Is there
a way to use this database structure with JDBCRealm? Or do I have to
add more tables as described in the HOW-TO? My database structure
already contains all information, so it would be overhead to produce an
extra table, I think. I tried the following:

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm"
	debug="99" driverName="org.postgresql.Driver"
	connectionURL="jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/
		testwebapp?user=login&amp;password=pwd"
	userTable="users" userNameCol="login"
	userCredCol="password" userRoleTable="users"
	roleNameCol="roleid" />

but I got problems on roleNameCol="roleid". How can I get the rolename
from table roles?

Perhaps I missed something, and someone has an idea.

Thanks

Peter