tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ALEX HYDE <alex.h...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: Securing File System Resources ?
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 13:31:24 GMT
Version 1 is the way I did.

  Things I had to bare in mind are:
  - are you actually logging users in or are they authorised on a per individual file basis
  - can the user re-access the file or is it a one off access?

  Gluck

David Smith <dns4@cornell.edu> wrote:  Either one or two are excellent choices with
1 being the best IMHO.  It
could be as simple as some other servlet places a flag in the session
that essentially says this user is good for downloading this file for
this session.  The servlet filter sees that and offers the file, or
failing to see the the flag, redirects the user to a friendly error page.

-David

--
David Smith